Friday, August 28, 2009

Of course...

....I'm knitting socks too! Can I ever not have a pair of socks on the needles? This is another pattern from Wendy Johnson's "Socks From the Toe Up." Love this book, if I haven't mentioned that before.
So far so good. Not the fastest pattern out there with cables and twisted stitches and all, but I'm loving these socks! and they have a heel flap! Yep! there it is!
A very different construction compared with top down heel flaps, but ends up the same! I just trusted Wendy and followed the directions to a t and they worked. I'm going to pay attention on the next sock to see how to modify it to be a deeper flap...me and my big feet prefer that...but I think that shouldn't be too hard! Enjoy the weekend! I'm off for some spinning fun Saturday and relaxing!

7 comments:

Keowdie said...

Hey ! Cute socks. And I'm impressed that they're toe up. I have knit many, many socks, but all have been top down.
Rock on, girl!

Davene McBride said...

Awe! For the weekend to relax! I'm so thankful it's Friday- enjoy your spinning time! (love those socks!)
Love,
Mom

Robin said...

Lookin'good!

Bea said...

These are really cute. Its been a while since I've played with toe up socks.

Lovs2Knit said...

The sock looks great! I love Socks from the Toe Up. I can't wait for her new book.

Tracy Batchelder said...

These cables remind me a lot of the ones on the blanket. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

That sock is absolutely gorgeous! Great job on that heel, too. Nice and smooth.