Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fiber Parade!

So there is just too much to share to make it in one post....so Spring Break trip to Albuquerque (Part 1).  I really should have DH help with some of the landscape pics because he pays so much better attention to that stuff than I do!

So the real reason for the trip....to visit my twin brother and my SIL! (and the best part was seeing them!)

Do we look like twins?

So on Day 1....we drove to Taos....so DH could visit "the map store."  He had fun and looked for a long time, which gave me the opportunity to peruse La lana Wools!!!!  Almost all the yarn in the store was handspun and I came away with 8 ounces of lovely Romney roving! Yum! (Brother went with me while DH continued to shop at his store) :)


I am jealous of all the fiber arts stuff so close to my brother and SIL....but it does make for good presents :)

Speaking of presents....on Day 2 we rode the train to Santa Fe and my SIL and I got to spend some much needed time together!  We had great fun and she bought my B-day present for me (a little early) part of it is 6 ounces of this lovely wool fiber!  It came form The Looking Glass Yarn & Gifts.  A lovely store that was so friendly!  The color just spoke to me!  What a nice pop of sunshine!  (She has a pic of me knitting on the train....I will share it with you when I get it...hint, hint)  I got some other goodies there too, but that is another post!

On Day 4 we finally spent some time in Albuquerque....bowling no less, quite fun too! and visited Village Wools!  This store was overwhelming and wonderful all at the same time.  I picked up some Border Leicester fiber there....I think this will be great for socks!  Too many choices but so much fun!

So tomorrow I will show you the gorgeous landscapes we saw....and maybe the yarn I got too!  I was a super trip...even though I was sick most of time, we all had fun....played Settlers (I love that game!), celebrated Easter, hung out, what could be better?

Love you guys and miss you!

10 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

You'll have fun with all that fiber.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Lucky girl... have fun spinning.

Bea said...

Beautiful fiber. You two look like siblings at the very least.

SimplyMe said...

I can't wait to see what you create with all that great new fiber.

Robin said...

I'm trying to picture where Village Wools is. If memory serves, I'm thinking that that area was all open, flat fields way back when the first balloon fiestas were held ... There's nothing like time with family. (who's the older twin?)

Judy S. said...

I see lots of spinning in your future, Leah! And some pretty yarn.

Trudy said...

Wow--that's a LOT of fiber there. Can't wait to see it spun up.

nck said...

Love the picture of you and your brother. Both of you have great smiles.
Love all the fiber!

Unknown said...

Haha, isn't Village Wools insanely huge?!? I love it! Glad you got lots of goodies. =)

Amber said...

Love you and miss you, too, Leah!!!