Monday, September 8, 2008

Where to start?

So much time has passed and so much has gone on that it is hard to know where to start, but here goes! 

Let's talk about happy things first!  Friday before the storm I mailed my Secret Prayer Swap package to Ranveig.  What a honor to be able to pray for her over the last few months!  Here are a pic of the socks I sent her (which fit--Yeah!)  They are the Hedgerow pattern (can find it on Ravelry)

She also asked me to pray for her sister (who is pregnant) so even though I showed you the bootees before, now you know who they belong to!

I also made her a DPN case!  I just sort of mimicked others I've seen.  Do you recognize the fabric?
I'm still waiting to receive my package, but with Gustav things are a little slow here too!

Okay, on to less happy things:

We did get power Saturday night (Praise God!)  Many will be without for weeks, so we are trying to help others as we can!  Here are pics of the nearby tree that fell on the power lines and the street across the road from our apartment. 

Baton Rouge is still a mess...many without power, broken traffic lights, trees down everywhere.  Now we are trying to prepare for Ike too!  I pray we aren't hit again!   School is back in session today, so we are trying to get back to normal, but it is a challenge and will be for a while.  Just so you know, we are currently without internet at home (I can't complain about it though)  so if I'm a little quite in blogland that is why!

DH and I weathered the storm playing this:

and I was so thankful to get back to my coffee!  Have I told you about my new mug?
It is a Joe Mo Time Capsule Mug and does an excellent job keeping coffee (or tea) hot for a long time!  So I did get some knitting/spinning done too, but will tell you about that in a later post.  It is amazing how hard it is to knit in low light and spinning makes me warm, as does wool, so it isn't as much progress as I would have liked!   Thanks for all your prayers!

7 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Leah so glad to hear from you again, I've been praying for you guys daily. I hope Ike just dies down and never hits.

I didn't know you could make the needle bags, hmm maybe I'll hire you to make me a couple for future contest prizes

Tracy Batchelder said...

Things will get back to normal a little at a time. Having electricity again is a big blessing. I'm keeping an eye on Ike too. Looks like it could hit LA or TX. I guess we'll know better in a few days.

Robin said...

Oh no, not yahtzee ~ desperate times call for desperate measures :) Seriously, it's wonderful to read your post and prayers are lifted for Ike to weaken and people to be safe. Take good care. (Such beautifully knit socks!)

Jennifer said...

Sometimes a shake up is good. Only someone in the middle of the state can say that! :) But it does remind us of what's important and what's not. And that's why you and your hubby have made it through in style. You know what's important, it shows.

I love the idea of prayer socks. Wow! Gotta love knitters, the internet, and our common faith.

Awesome Mom said...

I am glad that you made it through ok!

I love the Hedgerow pattern! I am on sock #2 of the pair that I am knitting in that pattern and I am in love! I will have to make a pair for myself.

Suzanne said...

We are praying so hard that you all are spared from Ike. Glad you are back home with power, and hope you can stay there. Be safe, and know that many are praying!!
Suzanne

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

So glad to hear you are doing okay and again have power. I hope Ike steers clear. Stay safe!