Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Old Shale

First off....I voted, did you?  whatever your opinion, please go vote!  We are so blessed to live in a country where we have the right to voice our opinions!  (The lines weren't so bad at my polling place)

With the socks finished a new project was needed!  I started Evelyn Clark's Old Shale Lace Triangle Shawl (it is published in Spinoff...which one of my knitting friends gave me)
The pattern is really simple but well suited for handspun yarn and interesting enough to not be boring!  Yes I'm using my second skein of handspun on the project.  It looks super, but as with all lace the true transformation will come with the blocking.  I'm just going to knit until I run out of yarn and then call it good!  Hopefully it will be big enough.

Knox wanted to help take the picture!  :)  She has been so cuddly since the weather turned cooler and I'm enjoying every minute of it!   Spinning wheel update:  Fedex says it will be here tomorrow!!! Talk about fast.  I must hurry and get all these Christmas projects finished!!!  I got a good suggestion on a name for my spinning wheel yesterday and I'm definitely mulling it over. 

9 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think the shawl is going to be great! If you run out of yarn before it's a decent size, just spin up some more on your new wheel. It doesn't have to be the same color. A stripe or two would look good, I think.

Jennifer said...

Quote from Old Shale post "I must hurry and get all these Christmas projects finished!!"

What!?! Your spinning ALL of us yarn!? Yay. I hope I'm not taking your post out of context. I guess you could mean that you need to finish up your projects so you could get to play with your yarn. I like the first idea better.

Marti said...

You go girl!
Um...you're spinning me some yarn? You shouldn't really you shouldn't but if you insist....
smiles

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

When you think about it, it really is amazing to vote isn't it?

Robin said...

I'm so impressed with your lovely lace knitting! (We voted last week :)

SimplyMe said...

Gotta love old shale. Looks great so far. I love it, and you cat is adorable. Yep, I voted and I didn't even have to stand in line. Talk about a banner day!!!!

Debbie said...

Hubby and I were shocked when we saw on the news how long some people have to wait in line to vote, when we went here (Ontario), there was only one person in front of us...mostly you just walk on up and there will be a few people waiting at the booth to instruct you..and away you go...takes about 5 minutes from the time you get out of the car to the time you get back in it.... weird huh.

Bea said...

Love the yarn! I'll have to hold off on the pattern but I love old shale patterns so I'm sure I will love that too.

Grace said...

one of my all time favorite patterns, can't wait to see it finished!!!