Thursday, January 22, 2009

Secret Prayer Sock Swap

Do you remember the Secret Prayer Sock Swap?  I signed up back in May and got the privilege to pray for a lady in Norway while making the Hedgerow socks.  The idea of the swap is that you are suppose to pray for someone while making them socks.  Knitting the socks is to be a reminder to pray.  You don't know who is knitting for you either.  Well for whatever reason I never received socks from my first partner.  I was reassign to Katie who made me these gorgeous socks!
The pattern is Shur'tagal Sock with the lovely Fyberspates yarn!

Even more than the socks I'm so thankful for the prayers!  Finishing a Phd is hard, especially with the complications that have occurred in my situation, but it is nothing the Lord can't handle.  I am so encouraged having Katie join me in prayer and the socks are a super reminder!

The heel is fun too...it is a garter stitch heel!  No one has ever made me socks before....normally it goes the other way....I sure do feel special!

Did I mention she sent chocolate too?  All gone, very yummy!

Many thanks to ashpags for taking the pictures!  Here she is with the handspun she won in my contest!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely socks! So glad someone knit some for YOU :-)
I opted to not go the PhD route, I will always regret it a bit, but I'm not prepared to go through that now at this point in my life. I fully appreciate how hard it is (because I was too wimpy to follow through :-)

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm glad the pictures turned out nicely. =) And I hope to be doing a photoshoot with my yarn sometime soon. I think I've picked out a pattern, but I want to ponder it for a few days and do some searching around Rav before I decide for sure. Thanks again! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad YOU got to be the recipient of socks but prayers, too. You're always making socks for others and it's good to see you wearing some that someone made for you. You deserve them so much.

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful swap! I agree the comfort of knowing someone is praying for you is more special than the socks. Though the socks are a great perk and reminder of the prayers. Was this a ravelry group?

Davene McBride said...

How wonderful that you got your prayer socks! they are pretty and I totally understand how special they must make you feel. You are special and you are so good at making others feel that way that it's only right that you receive back what you so bountifully sow/sew :). Love you! Mom

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Lovely socks.... I'm glad you got prayers and socks. Both are much deserved!

Robin said...

What a happy color they are ~ perfect for the double blessing!

Bea said...

Lovely socks. What an awesome swap!

Daisy said...

Wow, I'm SO glad they fit you! Would you mind if I steal your photos of them to put on my blog/Ravelry? The colours look much better in your pics! Glad you liked the choc too! ;-)

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think it's wonderful that you're on the receiving end this time. Very pretty socks!

KSee said...

How lovely and nice to receive a pair.