Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pictures!

Here they are....pics of my finished socks!


Here are the details:
Pattern: Undulating Rib socks from Favorite socks
Needles: US 2 dpn
Yarn: STR won in a contest from Abigail! (thank you again!)
Modifications: Do you call mistakes modifications? Doing the first sock while visiting home I wasn't paying that much attention! There was supposed to be a purl on each side of the instep...mine only has it on one side. It didn't bug me enough to rip it out, so it was a modification. In light of first modification, I did a standard toe instead of one with pearls like the pattern said.

It was a nice knit and the yarn was great too! a little thick, but very fun!

Oh, here is the giraffe cookie cutter!

News from mom: she is on the heal flap of the second sock! Wow! (She is a little worried about doing this part by herself, but I'm confidant she can do it!)

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

They look great! And you had enough yarn. That's good.

Tonni said...

Great looking socks! I love this pattern. I have some trekking yarn in shades of brown that I think i'll use to knit another pair. There was only a little bit left over after knitting just a 5 1/2" leg. I'm so glad I didn't make it any longer!

Anonymous said...

I choose to look at "mistakes" as design elements, so I think the word "modifications" applies just fine.

Go, "Mom", on that second sock! She should share her thoughts with us on her first sock-knitting experience when you post the pics.