Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not a lot to show!

So the shawl is blocked!  Steve left yesterday morning, so last night I took advantage of the empty bed and blocked the shawl!  I'm super please with it.  Now it is awaiting its photo session....we tried to take a couple of quick shots this morning, but I wasn't pleased with them, so I will try again when I have more time to get them just right (It deserves nice pics)  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep this for myself or gift it.  It might be screaming to live with someone else....we'll see. 

On the needles (or soon to be):

1.  Another pair of Saartje's Bootees.  These have become my go to baby gift.  They are quick, cute, and fun to make!  I want to make a pair for a professor and a friend I met in Columbus.  I got one bootee done last night, so these should be done in no time.

2.  My prayer sock swap socks.  I have finally settled on a pattern (I think).  You can view it here.  I love how the pattern goes down the back of the heel.  I think it will be a good pattern for the yarn I have picked out and it seems forgiving on the size.

3.  Retro Rib socks. I am half way done with the foot on the first sock.

4.  Crochet some reusable grocery bags.

Okay that sounds like enough for now, and I definitely have other plans, but we will see.  These are the more immediate.  Next time I hope to have pics of the shawl!

Here is a  pic of Knox because we don't want a pictureless post! (it's an old pic, but too cute not to share!)

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I like the socks you picked to knit for the prayer swap.