Friday, October 3, 2008

Humbled

When I started this blog (after passing my general exam--a huge oral exam and major milestone towards a phd--I was given a week off) I never imagined that so many people would read my ramblings.  I am humbled that you all come to see what I work on each week and offer such encouragement.  I have made so many wonderful new friends, been inspired, encouraged, and challenged by my blogland friends.  And then Stacy from A Rosy Outlook awards me this: 

Stacy's blog is such a happy place.  She takes such joy in everyday things and graciously shares with her readers.  Last week she had me wishing I could come over and share a piece of her apple cake and of course knit together.

Now in true blogland fashion....I award the "I Love Your Blog Award" to:

Aunt Kathy from Aunt Kathy's Place.  She is an amazing woman who clearly loves the Lord and her family.  She generously offers contests all the time and is such an encouragement as she is determined to make big changes her life!

Bea at Baa Baa Blacksheep.  Her knitting is so gorgeous and the colors she used inspire me to go buy more yarn :)  She is so giving (remember my office pillow) and makes me smile every time I go visit her corner of the world.

Lynda from Knit Together.  I'm not sure where to begin.  She is a talented knitter, devoted to her family, encouraging and fun!  She make me want to pack up and go on road trips with my DH and make sure I slow down and enjoy the day!

Okay....that should keep you busy.  This weekend I'll be working on my clapotis, knit night socks (because I want to finish the ML tutorial), and cleaning house.  (my mom is coming to visit next week :) so the house needs some attention!)  Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet comments. Have a fun and productive weekend!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Congratulations! Your blog is wonderful and I love it too.

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you Leah. You're so sweet. I always feel uplifted after visiting your blog :o)

Rebecca Jo said...

Congratulations - blog awards are so fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh-I don't think of your blog as rambles.. I just like to read your adventures!!

By the way, Clapotis is looking great!

Davene McBride said...

Hi Leah,

Just me and Grandma saying hi!
Love you!
Mom

Robin said...

Enjoy your mom-time :)