Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well...

...sometimes it is love at first sight (like my spindle) and sometimes it isn't (like the wheel).  I haven't given up, but this didn't come as easy to me as the spindle.  And trust me after and 1 1/2 hours I was ready to go back to my spindle.  N keeps telling me it is a "feel thing", so I will keep trying at it, but it didn't "click" last night.  Here I am, very excited before starting on the wheel.

Watching N show me what to do.

S at the Great Wheel.  I tried that too and it was much easier, but it operates on a different principle and there is no way one could fit in my apartment.  (DH just wouldn't go for it....I think I could talk him into a smaller wheel, but I want a little more confidence that I can do it)

Here is my humble attempt at spinning on the wheel!

So all in all a fun night, but it is a new skill that needs some serious practice!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like fun. I tried drop spindling and just didn't care for it. Which secretly made me glad because I need another craft like a hole in my head. You look like you know what your doing though. :)

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I love learning new things! I'm glad to hear it was an enjoyable challenge.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love how they make spinning wheels so nice & compact now too. I see local yarn stores having spin-in's where everyone brings their wheels. What a cool thing to learn!

Robin said...

That great wheel is so interesting! Imagine, having a home large enough for it! What fun to be able to try a wheel ... (and how wonderful that you already know how much you enjoy the drop spindle!)

Tracy Batchelder said...

I wasn't very good on a wheel in the beginning either. The learning curve isn't too steep though. You'll get the hang of it quickly, I suspect.

Bea said...

Is there another type of wheel in between the two? Maybe you could try that?

Anonymous said...

Oh--it HAS to get better, doesn't it?? I was wondering, too, I there's a different wheel??

Suzanne said...

I play the piano. I know exactly how you feel!! You'll get it!! You have a love for it, so keep at it and practice, practice, practice!! I know you'll do fine!!
Suzanne