Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall in a Box

Today I got "Fall in a Box" from my MIL.  She knows how much I miss fall and the changing colors in Louisiana and so she sent me some fall from Kansas!  How sweet is that!!

My Clapotis (pronounced clap-o-tee.....I think) is coming right along.  It still needs to be a little longer, but it won't be long.  I'm loving the colors!  It goes with everything I wear so I'm calling it a neutral :)

Thank you for all your comments about the mismatched baby bootees!!  A decision has been made!  I'm sewing the buttons on and giving them to a lady at knit night who has a friend with a newborn baby boy who wouldn't mind the mismatchedness of said bootees.  I'm happy they are going to a good home!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet MIL.

My clapotis is in a different yarn than yours, but the colors are identical!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Oh, the clapotis is looking beautiful!!

Aunt Kathy said...

The clapotis makes me shudder. What a task!!! It's beautiful but still... I get the shakes thinking of a project that big. LOL.

Debbie said...

Awww Fall in a box...that's a sweet idea!

SimplyMe said...

You're MIL ROCKS!!!!! Do you want and dead twigs and leaves from Mn to make you thankful you're in La?

Rebecca Jo said...

That's so cute that you received "fall"!

And I'm working on my clapotis as well - just getting to the point where I drop stitches....yours looks beautiful!

And glad you are giving the booties as is - I think that makes them unique

Jennifer said...

Fall in a box. Hmm, I could send that to Debbie Robson since she is living in winter now. It seems they skipped fall altogther.

You are going to love (even more than now) your clapotis. I wear mine more than anything else I've knit. Well, except my winter mittens and scarf but you know what I mean. Kate Gilbert is a genious even after all these years.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I hope Fall in a Box helped your homesickness. Will you get to go visit during the holidays?

Julie said...

Love your clapotis, beautiful color. I'm glad your giving the bootie to someone that needs them. I thought they looked fine!

Robin said...

What a caring care package! It made me smile and I'm sure it warmed your heart.

You'll love wearing your clapotis. Such a great yarn/pattern match!

Marti said...

Your clapotis is looking great. Mine is languishing again. I like yours better!

Bea said...

Very pretty.

Ally Jay said...

Great progress on your Clapotis. I am glad the bootees are going to a good home, they were so sweet.

Lovs2Knit said...

What a sweet gift! That's one of the things I missed when we were living in Biloxi, MS.

Your Clapotis is looking great! Congrats on the new wheel.

KSee said...

I just love your Clapotis. What a great idea Fall in a Box. I love living in VA where we have all the seasons. I just hope we get snow this year.