Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!

Warning****small math digression**** Being March 14th, I can't in good conscience forget to say happy Pi day!!! A day we celebrate the number pi! (not pie) So what is pi? pi=(circumference of circle)/(diameter of circle) . Where circumference is the distance around the outside of a circle and the diameter is the distance across the widest part of the circle. Turns out it is approximately 3.14..... (haha March 14th) It is an irrational number (it can't be written as a nice fraction) and a transcendental number (not the root of a polynomial in rational coefficients---okay if you aren't a math person I realize this one doesn't make sense) So make sure to at least appreciate math today! ****end digression****


So I've been making good progress on my sock! I've turned the heel and finished the gussett! So in no time it will be done. I'm liking the yarn and enjoying this knit! Of course Knox wanted in on the picture! (Right after this she tried to chew my needles---sometimes she starts thinking she rules the house)

Have a super weekend!

1 comment:

Ronin With Scissors said...

AGGGGH! Pi Day! I wonder if it is a coincidence that I got sick on Pi Day . . . hm. I THINK NOT! >:D

The socks is amazing. I am inspired to stop making bland socks & to try socks with actual patterns. & I can't wait to see your sweater. Maybe Knox needs a sweater too?? ;]