Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ramblings of a math nerd who can't count!

Thanks for all your thoughts about the green sweater set.  I still haven't completely made up my mind, so if you haven't weighed in please do so.  I'm hoping to show you the girl sweater set in coral soon (maybe later today).  All I have left is to sew on the buttons.  Okay, so we all know I'm getting a math phd, but I can't count.  Seriously!  I know the sweater needs 6 buttons and 2 buttons for EACH bootee, so I bought 8 buttons. Wrong I need 10.  Why it took me 2 weeks to figure out that I didn't get enough buttons (Oh if only I could count!)  Sad thing is that I've had this problem before with these bootees thinking they only need 2 buttons.  Okay enough said, now your all laughing at (with) me.

So this morning I'm of to help with a high school math contest (definitely cuts into the knitting time)  It brings back such fond memories.  Yes even though I can't count, we've already established that, I competed in tons of math contests in HS (and did okay I might add)  Our group didn't take ourselves too seriously (I guess there was that year we studied once a week at 7am, but there were donuts)  I know I'm a nerd, always have been, always will be and I'm okay with that!  Really I am!  So today as I proctor all these budding mathematicians I remember my math team, all boys including my twin brother.  I guess there was that day they threw my books down the hall. *sigh*  I always reassured my self that if they didn't pick on me, or tease me then they didn't like me, maybe I was kidding myself, but....oh and there was also my first competition.  Our teacher didn't know my name, so my name tag said "?????????"  Seriously it did, I think I still have it.  Okay enough embarrassing myself about old times with nerdy math club stories.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

sarahcakes1 said...

That set is so cute. Are you working on the coral one? I bet that one will be even more beautiful!
Don't worry about the not being about to count. I understand. I may be a CDS major but I can't remember any of the theories I learned last year. We are winners!
I hope your week has been going well! I'm so glad you are having fun with proctering math competitions. That's so awesome. I would be so intimidated just walking into the room with all the smart math people. You intimidate me. Lol.
So I just noticed something strange. When a person is commenting on your blog, there is a code verification thingy below it. Right next to that box is a little handicapped figure. It says "Listen and type the numbers you hear." That would imply that the person is blind. How would the now where to click the little handicapped thingy and then where to type said numbers when they are mentioned? Hmm.
Well have a great weekend! Enjoy math and knitting and funning! I will talk to you later!