Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hot of the needles and warming my feet

So my LSU socks are done and keeping my toes toasty. I had to add a little length to the first one (me and my size 11 feet). I also had a little gauge issue. Same yarn, same needles, same me....but one sock was tighter than the other. After wearing them for a little while it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Yarn: Essential Tweed from Knitpicks
Color: Plum and Inca Gold
(I was hoping to use up all the yarn with these, but I think I have enough to make footies with this same yarn)
Pattern: Basic sock pattern with contrasting ribbing, heels and toes. I cast on 64 stitches using size 1 knitpicks wooden dpn (maybe if I had used the next size up or casted on 66 stitches I wouldn't have had the tightness issue--I've worn them all day today though and they feel great!) Oh and I did a star toe (grafting isn't something I really enjoy)

Here is Knox in her new favorite spot!



Thanks you are for your concern about my finger.....it is doing much better. No more pain, but it will be a while before my nail looks normal :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New chair??

Tracy Batchelder said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I popped on over to see yours and I love it! In answer to your question, Soft Sea Wool is nice. I love the stitch definition and the price is really good too. It's a very stretchy yarn though, so it's a little different to work with. Overall I like it, but there are other yarns I like better for socks. I would use it again though.

Nice socks in LSU colors! My nephew is a sophomore at LSU.