Monday, April 14, 2008

Blanket is ready for baby!

So as promised here are the pics of the baby blanket! Overall I really enjoyed this project--even with the different edging construction (I guess that was part of the fun) Thanks for your help picking the pattern! This was the first time I used Bernet Softee Baby yarn. (I think I have enough to make another blanket--I always overbuy because I hate to run out) So I may make another one, just to have around for the next baby, we'll see. The yarn was okay. I think I prefer Lion Brand Baby Soft, but this wasn't bad!

This weekend I had a first--I went to an LSU gymnastics meet with some ladies from church! It was great fun. I have always liked to watch it on tv and thought it would be fun to do that, but my lack of balance caused me to never try (I have been called the Leaning Tower of Leah--another story for another day, probably better told by someone other than me) It was exciting to watch it live--plus LSU did super! I definitely plan on going to more in the future.

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh Leah, how positively beautiful.

I wish I were a baby. It would be so nice to be wrapped up in such a pretty blanket.

Alicia said...

That is so beautiful! Its destined to become a treasured blankie.

Lovs2Knit said...

Very beautiful!

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's gorgeous! And, it didn't seem to take that long to make. Much faster than knitting.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the blanket is just beautiful!

It sounds like the gymnastics tournament was fun, too. I'm like you, though, gymnastically challenged! I never could walk a balance beam!