Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ready to go!

One of my Spring Break tasks was to apply for a passport and yesterday it came!! Not even 10 days after applying. I had heard horror stories of it taking forever and wanted to make sure I had mine in plenty of time, which now I do!

Maybe you're asking where exactly I'm going? (I know I haven't told you yet) Well it looks like my advisor is going to be in Scotland for at least a year (maybe permanantly). So I'm prepared to go visit! At this point I'm just trusting the Lord to direct my path. Completing a Phd long distance seems daunting (as if it wasn't hard before) But, I have had great peace about each decision I've made along the way...do I go to grad school, which school, what area, who to be my advisor. So while this path doesn't look ideal to me, I know that the Lord had this planned and will be faithful as He always is! So now I'm ready too!

I've decided (with all your help!--thank you!) to make Option 2 for the baby blanket! As soon as the back of the sweater is done I'm going to get to work on it. It sounds like the baby shower will happen sooner than I thought, so the sweater will be on the back burner for a little bit! Have a super Tuesday!

2 comments:

Davene McBride said...

Grandma made number 2 for Aunt Kelly and it was very pretty. I know it will turn out beautifully! And yes, that was super fast on the passport-wow!

Tracy Batchelder said...

When I applied for a passport they said it would take about 6 weeks and they were right. Ten days is a record, I think.